Wednesday 24 December 2014

New Year, New Me

Cliche, perhaps but true enough. It's a bit early still but I'm thinking about New Year's resolutions and what I want to get out of the year to come. So I've come up with some ideas.

1. Continue improving fitness and doing exercise, to reach the targets I have set myself. Perfectly possible, in fact, even probable.

2. Continue improving confidence and mental state. Go to therapy, take the tablets, settle myself and steady myself and become the person I want to be.

3. Go to uni. That can cover the whole year because I need to apply for uni, apply for finance, apply for accommodation, prepare and pack, and then go.

4. Learn to drive. Hopefully will be done by the time I leave for uni at the latest.

5. Try and be a better person. Be less irritable towards certain annoying colleagues. Work hard, play hard, give every effort to everything I do, and just show the kindness that I always appreciate being shown to me - saying thankyou, even for the little things, trying to be as helpful as I can to make life easier for those around me. Appreciation would be nice but I don't think I'll get it so I'll need to practise finding the satisfaction in knowing that I have done the right thing, I have done what I can, I have been a good person.

These are my aims for the next year and I believe that I can do them. It will be hard work, I think, but I think I can. If I still have this blog this time next year, I will review my year and see how well I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment